The time that was not scheduled with something or another was spent reading. Reading, reading, reading and what better book to read than Christian Doctrine (slight sarcasm). I very much enjoyed reading about the principles of what I believe but when a large quantity of material is given with a quick approaching deadline, it does not typically endorse the enjoyment that comes with recreational reading. Nevertheless, I had a good learning time.
On Tuesday and Thursday, time was spent within the class of Camp Ministry with Jim Badke again. Two more days of unexcitement were had while trying to understand where this might fit into areas of life that are not held in a camp situation. These past classes were very much applicable to the business aspects of the world and it was helpful to see from a camp ministry perspective.
There is not much to write about this time. Lately I have been feeling a sense of pressure and urgency with the school work that has been given to us. This along with the fact that the Mexico missions trip is coming really quickly. I have had very little thought towards the Mexico trip lately. In the wholeness of everything, my discontent has been with knowing where the Lord wants me, the summer after Kaleo, the next school year, career-wise. Not that I haven't been trusting Him but that I havn't been hearing from God at this point. I have been wrestling with myself in trying to figure out who I am in God's eyes, where I stand before Him, what is my purpose on this earth to bring Him the most glory. Trying to understand my views towards this world and towards what the world believes. (As I write this, I am becoming excited for Christian theology) I find myself in the midst of confusion, waiting, learning, praying.
I ask now that you pray for guidance in my life, clarity of direction, of thought and minor issue belief. I am excited to see what God brings about in the future.
Soli Deo Gloria
Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment