Monday, February 8, 2010

Off to the great cold south...Mexico. (Hovering around 32F)

This past week has been quite the slow moving, uneventful, tarry, good week. It was...Intro to Theology. The classes where mellow, unexciting, and going over most stuff that I already new. My upbringing was just that good I guess. Don't get me wrong though, I loved going deeper from what I believe to why I believe it and where it can be found biblically. I was a well needed course and really helpful, just not as 'upbeat' or 'riviting' as some of the others classes(sorry Jim Paulson, you had your funny moments though). The time in between class was mainly spent on the same old sleeping, eating, and homework. Life as a collegeer. Because of said homework, I have not had the chance to become excited for Mexico still. Nor has there been extravagant amounts of financial support come in. Actually, I'm sitting around $150, just $1100 to go. However, I'm more worried about the other students support than mine. We still have till Thursday so that gives God some time if He need use it.
My continuation of discontent feelings towards the future have stayed the same so here I sit and here I pray. Waiting. Lately I have been pulled to and fro from different options. It is like eating dinner in the hull of the Pacific Grace all over again. Not getting to the point of throwing up, but surely making your head spin.
The Bridge last night worked really well. Lech had very little part in the organizing the set up of it. James and Kaitlyn picked out the songs and I worked at figuring out the prayer sessions and the times of reading scripture. The fluidity of the evening was smooth, even with some things which changed during the progression of last night. I am feeling more comfortable with gathering together the material that is needed to help out everyone with The Bridge.
I ask prayer for the Mexico trip for sure, the safety of travel as well as the connecting with people to gain relationships with them. Pray for the homework needed to be done will be completed well and that the focus on my time scheduling can be heavily enforced when needed. We just received the pre-course work for Gospels - before the first day of class, six books, two major papers, and a couple minor papers need finishing. With Mexico taking up most of the time in between, it will bring great difficulty. Pray that I will not be stressed out over this.
Thank you for prayers thus far.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment