Well, the first week back and it could not have started in a better, more providing, more encouraging, more challenging way. The class was Theology of Mission by a man I knew nothing about, Tim Stabell. To give everyone my opinion of him, his way of teaching was repetitious, long, he isn't really gifted as a fluent public speaker. On this encouraging note may I also say that he was by far my most favourite teacher I have had the privilege to be taught by yet. I write such things because of his deep, deep, love and passion for what he teaches and because he does not just come, teach and leave. He lives out exactly what he is strongly encouraging us to live out, through his class. Stabell's desire for mission and furthering the kingdom of God is so evident in his life that I could not concentrate on anything but his words. I actually gave the analogy once that 'I felt like a sponge soaking up his words, yet too small to soak up enough'. Throughout this week I was feeling a sense of urgency towards my part in the furthering of the kingdom. My desire for overseas missions once again arose but this time it was accompanied by a question of my place as of where I am now. What can I do here at Kaleo to help in the fullest way possible?What will my role be in the short future? It seems I understand my role less when I am here than when I am in Colombia, Rwanda, Burundi, or Myanmar (top country choices at the moment, not in any order). At the end of the week during Missions Fest, the Spirit granted me an answer through prayer, by prayer, of prayer. Simple yes, but not easy. I have always struggled with praying for the un-detailed and as of late, I have struggled praying aloud for situations in which words do not come easily to my mind. I am hesitant to consider this as a sort of spiritual warfare because the lack of feeling depressed as what often comes in dark times.
I did experience a time of prayer freedom as many of the guys gathered on the dock to pray early thursday morning. First of all, the sunrise was absolutely magnificent. Within the top 3 for sure. As we gathered as a group, I was able to pour my heart out in opening up the time to pray. This was a real blessing.
Coming home on the ferry from Missions Fest, 1/2 hour into the ride a elderly man has a heart attack and the ferry is turned around to port back in Vancouver. (The man was safely transported of the ferry, I know nothing more) This made the ferry ride a good 3 1/2 roughly. It was truly good. The extended time to just chill, relax, read, and converse made for a lovely restful time.
There was a cougar on camp property wednesday night. Coolio.

Prayer that I may ask from you would be that I may be able to pray, learn to pray, and to be disciplined in prayer/by prayer/for prayer. Pray also for a leading direction for the future, job(tree planting), next college(briercrest, prairie, ...), possible career(Avant, MAF, Solo, AME, ...), etc. Also pray for this "darkness" to come to pass.
No comments:
Post a Comment