Sunday, January 17, 2010

Slow and steady wins the race?

This past week has been quite the slow and uneventful time period. Amoungst reading books and working on papers, we also had two days in class taught by the Jim Badke himself. We sat through the first couple classes of Camp Ministry with not much enthusiasm. I will not speak on behalf of the others but here are my feelings. I was not excited for this class because of the fact that first, I went to camp for one week previously...loved it...never wanted to go back (it just wasn't my thing), and just coming out of an intense week of missions, my levels of interest were not that high. Fortunately for myself, God gifted me with a good attitude towards these classes and I began seeking ways of apply what I was learning to situations around me, in what I may do, different possible scenarios. It was great. My attention was able to focus on what was being taught and it lead to a more enjoyable time learning.
Ooo, this Sunday was the second "Bridge" of the year and the first one that involved us Cobble Hill Kaleo attendees. I understand so much better what 'the bridge' is after witnessing one. I think the best was to describe it is, an evening service put on by the youth and Kaleo's of Cobble Hill, where anyone and everyone is invited. It helps to develop the leadership skills to lead a church into worship within the company of absolutely anyone. I was asked to invite the congregation into sharing needs of people they know of their own needs for other people to pray for them. This became another of the few experiences of which I spoke in front of a group of people. I was a slight bit nervous for this, mostly for closing in prayer. Praying for much of the time before, it didn't go completely as smooth as I would have liked, nevertheless it did go well.
I have been desiring a stronger fellowship with those members of Cobble Hill. I ask for prayer towards this obstacle, that I may feel compelled to engage with these fine people. Pray also for a comprehension in my studies as this next semester will be heavy laden.

Soli Deo Gloria
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment