Monday, January 25, 2010

To shred the gnar or not to shred the gnar?

Yes. This past week was spent on the slopes of Mt. Washington. Monday morning, we wake up at 4:30 am(not too bad, I can handle it) to a power outage(makes the entire morning better, seriously) eat and pack up to head off. Two and a half hours later we arrive at the rental place. Being an avid skier for seventeen years, I questioned the quality of this hill. Heading up the chair lift brought back wonderful memories Guenther family ski adventures. I was excited to be back in a pair of boots in hopes of finding some jumps and fresh powder in the trees. The first day was all un-ridded trails, layered with heavy powder that just got more and more wet as the day moved on because of the falling slush. The second day was an extremely wet day and all powder had been tackled. The third day was a most wonderful day, filled with snowshoeing from the top of the mountain to the bottom, amoungst building snow caves and watching how to relocated Kristie's shoulder(she's doing well). From then on the days got better as far as the snow conditions. The last day was the best with freshly groomed trails, some powder in the trees, the park open, and the sun a-brightly shining. That was the day I hit a few bigger jumps, ground some rails, and did a 360, first time for every one.
The evenings consisted of eating, hot tubbing, and having chapels. The chapels were especially good, encouraging others and agreeing upon a name for every person. I was gifted with the name David for some of the qualities that the biblical David and I share as well as characteristics that I may grow into. To this name I feel that it will be good for this group of people to, in a sense, be 'accountable' to me for the development of growth that this name challenges me with.
It was wonderful to be back in the creation of God, away from the familiar, exploring something new, seeing new, amazing, beautiful sunrises on the side of a mountain with the ocean to my back and good friends to my sides. Overall, this last week was refreshing and rejuvenating.
Yesterday was 'The Bridge' for the second time. It was really good, my part this last time was to publicly pray for a revival of these people. It went well. Almost too well, Lech is really pushing for me to show my "pastoral" skills in the service and authority in the bringing together of the evenings.
This leads easily into my prayer requests. I would like to ask prayer for the strength and courage to take up this position in co-leading The Bridge. For the right words to be spoken in appropriate timing, and for the Lord's will to work through me to glorify His name within this ministry. Also, may you pray for and well completed set of assignments that are due in short time. Projects that are difficult to get content for and the amount of time spent into it...is coming very slowly.

Soli Deo Gloria

Mark
(sorry for not pictures, I didn't bring my camera. Facebook should have to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment