Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reading break, or cup of sake? I think I'll have the punch.

sake 2 |ˈsäkē| (also saki or saké)nouna Japanese alcoholic drink made from fermented rice, traditionally drunk warm in small porcelain cups.
Actually sake has nothing to do with anything that has happened here but when trying to come up with a rhyme, this is what I got.
So yes, this was reading week. Many, were the plans that I had for this week. Travel here, go visit there. Yes, wonderful ideas, but alas, they are still ideas. What did I spend my week doing then? Well, reading of course. Writing pages for hermeneutics. Being as what Jim continues to call us, "far to studious". I know there are people who, right now, think I'm a ditz. I agree, but plans fell through. I think learning to roll with the punches is one thing God has been teaching me every once in a while lately. You still get bruised, maybe a little trickle of blood, possible loosen up a tooth or two. Though, when your face is in the mud, your able to see it differently. When your on the ground, sore, tingling with hurt, you realize you can get up. You've learned something. Something no one else know. Something you can't explain. It seeps throughout. Morphs within you. It does not consume your body, but you know, its their somewhere. You don't worry about it, you don't complain. You relax, it's apart of you and you don't mind. It excretes it's fruit through what you do and how you think. People begin to notice. Somethings not as they had seem it to be before. They ask. You think. The answer is difficult. Difficult because it is part of your life now. Yet easy. Easy in your mind. You see it crystallized. But it can be explained not. Not how they would understand it. All you know...is that its better. So much better than who you were before. I love being punched in the face by Jesus. Sometimes. Because getting the lights punched out of me usually means getting them replaced with a couple energy efficient CFL's. And just like the market of lightbulbs, theres always some people who are not totally convinced they really do what they say. So, after that analogy, how many more people think I've gone and jumped of the ditz end. Nevertheless, I did have a share of adventures. A day stroll about Victoria, an all morning walk in the downpour, some fooseball. Quite good, quite good. Yet with all of that time, there still seems to be more work to be done. I ask for prayer, that I may have focus. It doesn't matter how isolated I am, my mind can still resist concentrating on my work. Even this blog, I think it has been over an hour since I've begun. And just to prove how hard I've been trying, I've sent along some pictures...
Soli Deo Gloria
Mark

1 comment: