Monday, November 2, 2009

Everything this week was just “swell”

Monday morning we packed up and drove up to the lovely little town of Ucluelet(pronounced exactly how it is spelled, U-clūe-let). That afternoon, we spent a little while at a lighthouse where we watched waves crash upon the shore with almighty force. Jim later lead myself and several others to what is known as “the blow hole”. A crevice of rock at the edge of the ocean that funnels in the briny swells to a point where the water has no where to go but up.


The next morning I woke up to a day like no other. To list it off: Woke up, read some Bible, ate breakfast, headed down to North Chesterman beach to watch the Cold Water Classic - a professional surfing competition,

then came back for lunch, pick the rest of the group up for surfing at South Chesterman beach, had the most amazing time hittin’ the waves, and them hitting me,

stopped in Tofino on our way back, went in a surf shop and they gave us a near #1 pizza I’ve ever had while also getting some John Henry’s(that’s autographs of several pro surfers), met Mark Matthews who has one of the top 5 records for largest wave surfed being 42 feet high,

waiting for the rest of the group to come together in a coffee shop I obtained a free latte, then came back to the church we were staying at and told my testimony to the Kaleo’s.

God has just provided me with such an amazing experience. I hope to remember that day forever. Essentially, it should be that start of when things really get a movin’. The gates to the center of my being have been opened wide, transparency has settled in, and I wait so see what God’s next move is.

Saturday was ye ol’ Hallowed eve. Several Kaleo’s and myself dressed up in Winnie the Pooh characters. They got me to dress up as Pooh and of course my attire was not the original yellow and red but the natural brown and brown. We headed over to the costume contest in Crofton and entered for the family group. Our chances were good, cash prizes down to third place and only four groups. Not only that but our group was the only one co-ordinated and the elderly judges giggled as we walked passed. Through a glitch in fate and a miscommunication, we came in fourth place because we didn’t have “mummies and daddies”. Oh well, we hit the town, filled our pockets, and it ended with an experience I’ve never had before with friends.

As for prayer; that God’s move will be clear - either to me or to those around me, that the assignments that are due soon may not compiled without the input of God’s voice - that what I do is what is from God, and that I may continue initiating friendships or allowing others to initiate friendships with me.


Soli Deo Gloria


Mark

1 comment:

  1. I made it into the incredibly elite blog of Mark Guenther. I am in the first picture with the green fleece in case you are wondering. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete