Saturday, April 10, 2010

WHITEWATER...floating

We were given the hopes of whitewater kayaking this week. It turned out to be a float parade down the local water street. I have had some experience with class 4 rapids but even those who had a fear of going before hand came back some disappointment of how wild those rapids actually were. I realize there is nothing that can be done with how the river chances from time to time but personally, I would have far rather stayed back and worked on our last paper and project before the years end; mostly because of a painful strain in my neck due to carrying the kayaks down to the stream. (I've recovered since then)

I have been working on my homework every waking moment otherwise. Not so fun, a 2200 word essay for Christian Worldview and a creative project for Field Education. They're both coming along and I should be done them by Sunday night so I can have the entire last week free for mischievous behavioural ideas (I doubt it, it's me, Mark Guenther).

I am still stoked to leave this Kaleo program but looking ahead to what can feel like an unknown levels out my feelings. Super excited for peoples family to start dripping into the camp atmosphere and begin to meet faces with names. There is a retreat this coming week before graduation, I'll let you know how this week goes next blog post (the last blog post). Until then, keep fit and have fun with Hal Johnson and Joanne McCleod. Pray that we may finish the last week well and focus on Jesus through everything we do.

Soli Deo Gloria

Mark


P.S. Check facebook for surfing pictures, I've given up remembering

No comments:

Post a Comment